I know, I know, it's been silent around here. I've been busy with a lot of different things, which doesn't always stop me, but then my camera broke. Then a couple other things broke too. I threw a pity party, which I'm only now leaving -- and no goody bag.
But there have been a few things I've been meaning to tell you, especially referring to this lovely time of year.
1. Katy Elliot's coverage of pumpkin-adorned homes in New England was particularly inspiring to me.
I don't have any amazing doorways or cornices, though, so i just bought 4 petite pumpkins and placed them on the railing of my white wood front stoop. They've been making me quite happy.
2. Butternut squash soup is still amazing. Check out this very healthy, cream-free recipe from the Times, but add curry.
3. Remodelista.com is a cool home design resource. Check out their coverage of kitchen sinks, for instance.
4. Martha Stewart Living's November Issue included a piece on purple toned table tops and floral arrangements. I knew I was onto something.
5. I have fallen in love with a man who's not my husband. For more of an explanation, look up Paul Chek and the C.H.E.K. Institute. This Christmas, everyone in my family is getting How To Eat, Move, and Be Healthy whether they want one or not!
6. On the spur of the moment, I did a sprint duathlon (run-bike-run) and was the second place female to cross the tape. It was more fun than any running race I've ever done. I'm in this photo. If you can spot me, you win a prize!