Friday, August 14, 2009

Truly Easy As Pie

A great recipe just came my way from The Genius who pioneered the Cereal Bar: Frozen Lemon Yogurt Pie. One of her go-to recipes, she rattled it off to me at a moment's notice in a quick email exchange. I love the ease of it. And now we are even, as I had just dashed off the components of my (well, really I believe it belongs to Mark Bittman) Watermelon-Tomato-Feta salad in a text message, which she was inspired to make when she ran into some watermelon on her way to the yogurt aisle of the grocery store. She threw the salad together, ate some for dinner, and brought it for lunch the next day. No consternation necessary. That's what I'm talking about. All cooking should be that carefree.

As per my directions, the Lemon Pie could actually be a chocolate or any other kind of flavor that you can find in a yogurt. But we all know I love lemons (who doesn't, really?), and that's what The Genius recommended, so there you go. Three small containers of yogurt, 1 container of Cool Whip, and a graham cracker pie crust (I didn't make it myself this time. We are going for easy-breezy this time.) Mix it up, add a little fresh lemon juice and the rind of a lemon, pop it in the freezer, wait, and eat.*

An excellent frozen alternative to ice cream, and all anyone should ask of us in the month of August. When you eat it, it will taste way more complicated. Two thumbs up!

*Don't forget your Lactaid pill.

No comments: