Monday, August 2, 2010

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

We drove about as far northeast as humanly possible in one day and arrived at our destination. We had glorious weather for a week. We forgot about our regular life. We didn't worry about how much time we had left. We were both lazy and industrious. 


We were view junkies. 




We ran, we hiked, we biked, we baked, we canoed, we climbed, we ate and ate and ate.




All in great company. It's really a shame for the rest of the world that the best B&B in Maine doesn't take reservations. You have to know somebody, and man am I sure glad that I do. 
From the top: Hiking up Giant Slide on the way to the top of Sargent, Acadia Nat'l Park; Mr. & Mrs. SevPrez admire the views at Great Head, Acadia Nat'l Park; Lobster Rolls three ways at Cafe This Way, Bar Harbor; Chez Frick, Orono.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a view junkie as well and i must say woa nilly to these views!! That water is so inviting and that shot of you on the rocks is freakin fabulous!
-Tali

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to taste the authentic Jordan Pond House popover and will test and test until you can master the recipe, but I was delighted to have one of yours. It was yummy! Come back soon - I miss having my personal baker!!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I got to go on vacation too. Thanks for the memories!

Marianne

Peggy D. said...

Love Maine. Love that you love Maine. Love you.

Mom