Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Watt's Going On?

One day I will run out of Watt puns, but not soon. So Watt played another show at the Brickwall ( sorry for the no-notice), this time for a Fundraiser for Judy Hopkins, who suffers from RSDS. The band was in the window next to the entrance, and it was nice to have them front and center. They sounded great, lots of classic tunes and catchy originals. 

You may be more enticed to watch my video of the band's rendition of "American Girl" this time around, as you can make out Jim the Drummer in the neon glow of the Brooklyn Brewery sign. Before you click play, make sure your speakers are turned all the way up. For the video, and the complete set of photos, click here

One more thing. I wonder if the band is ready to start taking requests. I have a few...

1. "Don't Change" by INXS. Don't you think it sounds really fun to play? 
2. "You Said Something" by PJ Harvey. Actually, this is a request for my brother's solo act, but it still stands.
3. Lastly, it would be brilliant to come up with a four person instrumentation of "The Obvious Child" by Paul Simon. I have no idea how this would be accomplished, but I definitely think it'd be worth trying. As far as I'm concerned, it's the most exuberant song ever written. Can't you just see the Ewoks dancing in your mind?

What do you think? Do you have any requests?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks D. The pictures are great. For some reason I am having a hard time playing the video. Had a blast playing. I'll keep you posted as to our next gig.

sevprez said...

mom had a hard time with the video too. i wonder if its a mac/pc thing... i loaded it on the mac and can play it at work on the mac... i will call my i.t. people and get them right on it. ; )

sevprez said...

p.s.
what do you think about my requests?!?!