Sunday, September 6, 2009

On The Topic Of Heydays









Those who know me well can attest to my use of the term "heyday." I find it an apt description of many kinds of happiness and/or periods of time in which the universe conspires in your favor. In a recent text message exchange, my friend on the West Coast and I were contrasting our heydays -- his entailed seeing Phish on their reunion tour, mine meant having friends over for grilled food and pie on the deck. He wrote, "All paths, whatever they be, lead to Hey." Well said.

My love of "Hey" springs from my second favorite children's book of all time, Marie Louise's Heyday. It's an odd little out of print book, but I still love it to this day.






















I found an excellent summary on the web to fill you in on why you should care about this overburdened mongoose and her quest to eat a banana.
















On this Labor Day weekend, I wish for you a Day of Hey.

No comments: