Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Decade In Photos

From the New York Times, reader submitted photos. Maybe not as funny, but much more interesting that those VH1 "I love the 00s" specials.


A lot of people have asked me where I was on September 11th, 2001, having been a junior at NYU at the time. I lived in the same dorm as the woman who took this picture and have a picture taken from the same vantage point from a disposable camera bought at a deli that morning. Seems like a lifetime ago. 


Interestingly enough, my current job had its roots in that day. School was closed for a week and students had nothing to do but drink too much, watch CNN, and argue about politics. I decided I needed to do something more constructive with my time and emailed my current company, offering to take their trash out. Two years later they created a position for me. 


The rest is history.



No comments: