Friday, May 7, 2010

Giving Back To (And For) Mom

I hope you've already taken care of your Mother's Day shopping already, but if you haven't, I have just the thing. If your mother is anything like mine, she has a lot of stuff. Shopping for her can be tough, so I always try for something meaningful. This year I was truly stumped until I received a timely email from Doctors Without Borders (or Medicins Sans Frontieres, as they are known internationally). The SevPrez family donated to them during the Haitian Earthquake disaster, as they were one of the first international aid organizations on the ground to be up and running. But they do really amazing work all around the globe, natural disaster or not. 


They have a great idea: donate in the name of your mother. Your mom will be so impressed that she raised such a magnanimous and thoughtful global citizen, you will feel good about yourself that you are not just contributing to your mom's mug collection, and a mother and child somewhere on this planet will benefit from your small (or large donation.) Win win win.


They even have these really sweet eCards to choose from. Maybe you should consider this option, even if you already bought the #1 Mom mug. 

1 comment:

Peggy D. said...

I'm proud of the person you are and the person you believe I am. Thank you for the perfect gift.