Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yellow House*

I've been antiquing up and down the state of Maine for the last week, snatching up everything I can find that's yellow. Apparently I am deep in the throws of a love affair with the color. So far I've racked up two planters (neither of which I plan on using for plants -- one's for my growing bangle collection, the other for cell phones and various trinkets that get dropped off at the back door entrance); a wax candle bust of a fisherman; an elephant planter (which I plan on using as a book end); and an awesome metal stool. I had to slowly back away from a set of four old yellow and white dishes, and a third (yes third!) yellow planter that was a good deal.























What can I say? Yellow is happy, bold, and fun; looks good with white and grey, the overriding colors in my house; and plays well with red and aqua, my two other favorite accent colors. Plus anything I buy that's yellow rationalizes my choice in fabric for my wingback chairs.

I picked up a few other things too. A glass platter that I got for a steal that will look great at a Stolen Goods pop up with Salted Fudge Brownies on top, a candy dish, and two Easter decorations. Love the egg and the bunny and can't wait to bring them out with my Sharpie Easter Eggs.

*This post is named after one of the greatest albums to come out in the last decade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the antique finds! Can't wait to see them in person :)
Tali

sevprez said...

The bunny is waiting to say hello!