Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Library Sketches

When I tell you how hard it was to draw this stack of books you will never believe me. I think maybe it's because everyone knows what a stack of books looks like. There were just too many angles for this Quick Draw McGraw, and my scanner is not helping my cause. It looks more decent in person. 


Since I'm such a rookie, I will distract you by telling you that I went to the library for the first time in a great while. Picked up a paperback Flannery O'Connor collection (Flannery's a Southern lady, for those not in the know, in case you ever need to use a pronoun to refer to her) and The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon. It was in the Mysteries section, and I was sold. 


Librarians and patrons alike were aghast at our new governor's cutbacks: no more inter-municipal lending. But no one could remember the governor's name. "Chris Christie," I said, on my way out. Who can forget a name like that? 


No one admitted voting for him.


















Anyway, here's to free books!

1 comment:

real cheesecake recipe said...

nice
https://realrecipe4u.com/strawberry_milshake/