Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let Go or Be Dragged: Day Changers

Though I get the Daily Dharma, and I am a professional guru of inspirational quotations, sometimes I get stuck. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and haven't quite managed to recover. I am definitely being dragged around by my mood, so I am turning my attention to a way to lose myself in the outer world so my inner world will unlock and let go.

The Daily Dharma didn't do it. The Writer's Almanac was a temporary respite: it's Emily Dickinson's birthday, and the day that William Faulkner accepted his Nobel Prize. Not Bad.

I put on some red lipstick. That goes along way. Getting closer.

My mom joined Facebook! That really had me smiling and chuckling to myself. I thought I was in the clear.

But I still feel a little funky. In the final analysis, I think I just have to grant myself this time to be however I need to be. So I'm not in control. I guess that's where the "Letting Go" part comes in. 

Ah yes, it's all starting to make sense.

No comments: