Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting Ready for the Inauguration

I just got a cool video from my Aunt D: morphing presidential countenances from George Washington to Barack Obama. I have always been awed and intrigued by the office of the presidency and the men who have filled it, and watching the video piqued my interest once more. Who were these men who led our country and what exactly happened in their charge? All my intellectual curiosity was wiped away, however, when the video got to Carter and the presidents started showing their toothy grins. The gravitas was gone.

You can check out the video here. To answer any questions you might have about Millard Fillmore or Howard Taft (yes, he's the one that got stuck in the bathtub), check out the U.S. President's Reference Guide on the sidebar. 

No comments: