Friday, February 27, 2009

Like Eyes In The Back of Your Head

Have you ever stopped to notice that there is something really mysterious and magical about the back of someone's head? It's a part of you that you can't ever really see in a natural moment. You have to really be looking. I took this picture of my neice last weekend. I meant to catch her face, but kids are so quick and digital cameras are so slow. 






















But I love it. It's one of my favorite photos of her. Somehow speaks to the nature of my love for her -- so big, and she's so small. Too slow, as she grows so quick. So much to give, yet she's not mine, and my time with her is so fleeting.

Reminds me of this painting by Gerhard Richter.























Or this photo by Todd Hido.






















Something about blonds and the light.

No comments: