Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Trading In My Popsicle Stand For An Icicle Stand

The New Yorker arrived today and it's a good one! I'm very excited to pack it up with the rest of my things -- Midnight's Children (too heavy to schlep, and therefore unread); sketches for an upcoming stationery project; the Lumix DMC-TZ5, with zoom enough to catch all those moose hanging out deep in the woods; and various clothing appropriate for cross-country skiing, running in the streets and at the state of the art university gym, antiquing, exploring the ghost town that is Bar Harbor in March, and most importantly, eating and drinking by the fire -- and we're off to the Great North Woods!

Editor's Note: I think that's the first time I ever used semi-colons in place of commas in a complicated series. Did I do it right? Are you allowed to use them in between em-dashes? What would Strunk & White do? Feel free to comment.

No comments: