Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spooky Activities

I don't know about you, but I long for the Halloween of yore, the kid version of Halloween. Maybe I've been hanging around New York City for too long, but I just don't find the get-drunk-and-wear-a-revealing-costume version of the holiday all that inspiring. I want rustling leaves, hayrides, jack-o-lantern contests, and really amazing hand crafted costumes. But if you don't have kids, and you're not friends with Martha Stewart, it can be hard to find a way to celebrate this version of Halloween as an adult. 


That is why I am so excited about this development, just a few miles down the road from me on Route 34.









Mr. SevPrez finally agreed to accompany me on the Haunted Hayride, after much pleading. Apparently once you're married, dangling the old "I'll cling to you when I get scared" line doesn't really hold much water. Anyway, weather permitting, we'll be screaming for mercy this weekend in the woods of Holmdel. To be followed by eating of apple cider donuts and stealing from the supply of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups we got for the neighborhood kids. 


What are you doing to celebrate Halloween this year?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

d
you have to go to smitten kitchen blog and get the recepe for apple cider donuts, just made them this weekend...

Pops said...

Apple cider donuts come from Delicious Orchards. Period. End of story.