Monday, November 15, 2010

Seven Questions: The Greatest Person Currently Living On The West Coast

No offense to all you other Left Coast dwellers, but this girl is my college roommate, the girl who NYU randomly placed me with back in 1999. For that, I am forever indebted to them. We lived at 35 Fifth Avenue, once home to Mark Twain and surely the most fabulous address I'll ever have. To the questionnaire!


Q 1: What's something you wish more people knew?
A 1: Good intentions, strong opinions and a loud voice do not necessarily mean a person will be a good policy maker.  I wish people would understand the complexity behind public issues, and recognize the sophistication needed to make good policy.  Sometimes what sounds good in the press will have some truly horrific unintended consequences and sometimes what sounds less than ideal, is really better in the long run. Policy is much trickier than people think.  If you're sick you go to a doctor.  If you want to address social problems like the economy or unemployment, you should have someone who is highly trained in that field.  Politicians with BAs in oh say theology, just won't cut it.  Sorry...


Q 2: Current favorite sources of inspiration?
A 2: Infrastructure (especially in San Francisco).  It's where art, engineering, history and public policy collide to make poetry.


Q 3: What did you want to be when you grew up? What do you do now?
A 3: When I was 5 or 6 I wanted to study dinosaurs bones because I loved learning about them in school.  Today, I work in public finance (and love it - go figure!).


Q 4: When you look back on your first love, how do you think your idea of love has changed or stayed the same?
A 4: First love is exquisite, maddening and for better or worse fleeting...


Q 5: What is your biggest weakness? (Spiritual, disciplinary, dietary)
A 5: Men with scruffy beards and good sneakers.


Q 6: Three things you want or are working toward in your future?
A 6: 1. Excelling in my job, hoping my analysis helps shape better pubic policy. 2. Finally getting that dream apartment. 3. A big trip to Asia (want to come?)
The perfect apartment? Via designsponge.






















Q 7: And finally, for my records, chocolate/chocolate, chocolate/vanilla, vanilla/vanilla, or other? This is helpful in case I case I am ever bringing you dessert.
A 7: Chocolate/vanilla - I don't discriminate, I regulate every shade of cake.
"Showing my weakness."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The greatest person currently living on the west coast rocks my world. And I miss her dearly.
-Tali