Friday, January 14, 2011

Arry Potta

That's Harry Potter to you. It's been hard to blog about anything when I've had my nose in Harry Potter books since Christmas. Well actually, right after Christmas I read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest on my new Nook Color. It was so great, I even brought it to the gym with me so I could swipe pages while I ran on the treadmill, which worked beautifully. 


Unfortunately you can't get any of the seven Harry Potter books on the Nook, so it's been paperbacks all the way. I am almost finished with the fourth book, The Goblet of Fire. I know what you're wondering, have I seen the movies? Yes I have, all seven of them. (The final movie comes out this summer.) I've even seen most of them in the last month. This hasn't ruined anything for me though. I don't mind not being surprised. I actually think it helps me manage my excitement, because I get to enjoy everything more as it's happening, instead of just hypothesizing about what's going to happen. Also, I as I get deeper into the series and the books get longer, there are more and more differences between the books and the movies, which have been simplified and changed for the screen. 


I find myself wanting to wear purply dresses with tiny gold stars. And cook soups in cauldrons. Just kidding. But I do enjoy the new JillEllen Designs Aubrey necklace that my sister-in-law got me for my birthday. I feel like it is my magical amulet that still passes for a chic accessory. I've got everyone fooled. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may just have to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon - I had been resisting for years. I think your entry was the tipping point :)

Thanks for sharing!

xo
kaitlyn
P.S. Love the necklace

sevprez said...

OMG it is the best! you have to. it's addicting. and the books go by so quickly, you'll be finished with the saga before the last movie comes out!!

sevprez said...

ps
i can ups you the paperbacks as i finish them!

Anonymous said...

I met the original Jill Ellen today and told her about your post. I explained that I had already been on her site and had my eye on some earrings. I have to add that two women in the room also were wearing her earrings. I think she is ready to name you her new media coordinator!

Marianne