Tuesday, June 26, 2012

And Then She Wrote Me Back!

The next day!!

dear dallas.
thank you for this incredibly gracious letter.

i think that the only way to do what you want to do is to do it in a way that feels comfortable.
so if you were to do you art, you would keep your job and see you how feel creating.
but if it is not an imperative in your life, then that is fine too.
it is all good.
i really appreciate your thoughts.
all best to you

I still haven't done "my art." But in leaving my old job I feel like I got un-stuck. I was so stuck. I was so scared of the unknown. Taking that leap of faith was so liberating. So. Liberating. For six weeks my mantra was "I'm a free bird," because I had to keep reminding myself of the new context I had created to live into. On the graph of my life, I'm on a steep incline of learning about myself: who I am and what I want to do. It's very amorphous, a little confronting, but very exciting. I'm in inquiry.

I'm not sure I really agree with Maira. I think I have a rougher constitution. But then, I don't have all that much to show for it. But like she says, "it is all good." And that is an ethos I can get behind.

No comments: