Thursday, August 30, 2012

From Souls To Soles

Ever since I started my new job I became acutely aware of what turns out to be a collection of shoes I own. I never thought I really had that many pairs. I love shoes, of course, but never considered myself a shoe-horse.



















On my first day of work I wore my turquoise suede strappy heels (yeah I said turquoise suede -- chosen by the same part of my brain that picked out the teal velvet couch). They have a decent heel, and they are fabulous. They make me happy to wear them, and I especially enjoy wearing them with an otherwise casual outfit (ripped jeans). Knowing what I know now, my new coworkers were wondering who was this crazy girl with the fancy shoes that make noise? Where does she think she has come to work? They definitely got some comments, not bad, more like "Do your shoes always make noise?" and I facetiously promised to bring the shoe. Tomorrow, purple flats. The day after that. leapard pointy toes with black bows. I was half-kidding, but I became aware that it was definitely possible for me to go into my closet each morning and put on a shoe-show.

These photos are just the beginning. If I really focused on it, I could devote an entire week to shoe pics. Not that you'd be all that intersted.

Happy Labor Day Weekend. It's a big deal here at the Jersey shore.

1 comment:

Pops said...

My favorites? The pair of your old Asics under the bed in your room here. I"m in a sentimental mood ...