Friday, February 5, 2010

Butternut Squash Pasta Dish Update!

I wonder if any of you have made the recipe for whole wheat penne with onion, greens, and butternut squash that I posted back in November. There was some definite interest! I made the recipe again two nights ago and substituted 4 garlic cloves for the 2 cups of onions, and it perfected the recipe, if I do say so myself. I found it much more flavorful and well-balanced. Also, I sauteed the white beans in the garlic and oil, instead of adding the beans to the pasta directly.

I also remembered that I diced the squash too large last time -- they were a little bigger than bite-sized if you are like me and like to have a little bit of everything on one forkful. This time I made them pretty tiny (a little smaller than 1-inch cubes) and roasted them a couple minutes longer, and low and behold, those suckers were extra delicious! They almost tasted like sweet potato fries. Unbelievable. I think I might slice one up and try to bake some chips this weekend when my friend comes over for a day of art and catching up (and snow!). I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: